The RSW Regional Jail maintains and operates a Community Custody section, which offers the following programs;
- Work Force: Qualified inmates are permitted the opportunity to work outside the facility doing various projects within the three jurisdictions we serve. This program allows inmates the possibility, at the court’s discretion, to pay down court fines based upon the hours worked. Inmates will be monitored via electronic GPS monitoring and will work under direct officer supervision at all times.
- Home Electronic Monitoring (HEM): Qualified inmates are permitted to serve their sentence at their residence while being monitored at all times via electronic GPS monitoring. HEM inmates are permitted to maintain employment while on this program.
Eligibility Requirements for the Community Custody Program
- Inmates must be sentenced by all courts which have current or pending jurisdiction with program authorization from all sentencing courts.
- No more than thirty (30) months remaining on their sentence.
- Each inmate’s criminal history will be reviewed prior to placement on the program. Active protective orders or any of the following criminal offenses (within the last ten years) would automatically disqualify an inmate for the Community Custody Program;
- Any sexually-based crime
- Murder- including Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Homicide- attempted/conspiracy, Manslaughter
- Assault- with a weapon and Attempted Assault with a Weapon
- Any Felony Assault
- Threats to Bomb/Burn
- Possession of Explosive or Incendiary Devices
- Possession of a Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Larceny with Force from a Person
- Burglary- Armed with a Deadly Weapon
- Forcible Purse Snatching
- Damage Property with Explosives
- Controlled Substances- distribute/smuggle in excess of $5,000.00
- Firing into Occupied Dwelling, Building, or Vehicle
- Robbery or Attempted Robbery (with or without a weapon)
- Forcible Escape, Attempted Escape, or Walk-Away from any jail, prison, or Work Release Facility
- Organized Crime
- Assault on Law Enforcement
- Three or more misdemeanor assault convictions (within ten years)
- Inmates must be of good behavior while incarcerated. An inmate is ineligible if they are convicted of any in-house offense that reflects a possible risk to the community or if convicted of any in-house offense within the past ninety (90) days.
- An inmate is ineligible for ninety (90) days if they are removed from a previous program.
- Inmates must be medically approved to work by the RSW Regional Jail Medical Staff.
- Inmates must pass an initial drug and alcohol screening prior to being accepted into the Community Custody Program. Note: inmates must be negative for ALL drugs, including marijuana, before being accepted into the Program.
Application and Fees for Community Custody
Any qualified inmate may ask for a Community Custody application from any staff member. Qualified inmates that have received delayed-confinement orders are encouraged to apply well before their report date to allow time for the application to be processed. Applications can be downloaded from the link below or can be picked up from the lobby during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
- Work Force: No fee and Work Force inmate’s daily housing fees are waived.
- Home Electronic Monitoring Fee: $26 daily- $182.00 weekly
For any questions regarding the Community Custody Program or to submit an application for the Community Custody Program, please contact Captain Michael Miller, 540-622-5028, firstname.lastname@example.org.