GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK :
Performs difficult manual and technical work overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the RSW facility and equipment; Does related work as required; Work is performed under the general supervision of the Support Services Captain; Supervision is exercised over assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSTYPICAL TASKS:
Participating, coordinating, supervising and planning in the maintenance and repair of the RSW facility, equipment, buildings and grounds; preparing and maintaining appropriate records; advises on future needs and plans.
• Plans, organizes, directs, supervises, escorts and inspects the work of crews and vendors engaged in maintenance of RSW properties;
• Develop routine maintenance schedules and perform regular inspections of the facility and equipment in compliance with manufactures recommendations;
• Receives maintenance requests. Responds to those request appropriately;
• Inspects areas and facilities for conformance to maintenance and safety standards;
• Manages and assists maintenance staff with complex assignments;
• Ensures through consultation with all applicable Code Officials compliance with all facility Code Regulations;
• Reviews plans and monitors projects with maintenance staff and contractors in order to establish maintenance schedules;
• Plans and provides logistical support for special and events;
• Communicates with Supervisor on all important matters relative to maintenance activities;
• Trains new employees I inmate workers assigned. Evaluates work performance ;
• Assists in the design concept of any new construction at the RSW;
• Conducts routine function testing on facility Security equipment;
• Maintains inventory of all tools and equipment in accordance to standards;
• Prepares and maintains records and reports on RSW motorized equipment;
• Conducts daily safety inspections on perimeter security doors, walls, windows and containment fencing;
• Performs as liaison with other departments on related activities;
• Assists with the follow up on construction warranty issues;
• Assists with snow and ice removal ;
• Perform duties required as Fleet Manager I Coordinator for the RSW;
• Work with Safety Officer to make sure facility is always in compliance with Local, State and Federal Standards;
• Performs related task as required.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS ANDABILITIES:
Must possess the basic skills needed to maintain a large residential facility; General knowledge in maintaining HVAC, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic systems and mechanical doors. Knowledge of general building repair and maintenance; Ability to diagnose maintenance problems; Ability to plan work for and supervise others; Ability to prepare reports, work orders, establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, general public and contractors; Ability to maintain records; Ability to obtain and maintain any required certifications; Ability to safely work and supervise work in a high security environment required ; Ability to comply with LEED certification standards; Ability to maintain the RSW facility in compliance with Virginia Department of Corrections Standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school; Extensive experience in maintenance of commercial facilities; Experience working with contractual services; Preference given to experience maintaining a correctional facility, electronic and mechanical security facilities; HVAC, plumbing, electrical ormechanical certifications preferred.
This is a class description and not an individualized job specification. The class description defines the general character and scope of duties, responsibilities, and requirements of all positions in one job classification, but is not all inclusive or totally restrictive. Reasonably related duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary at the discretion of management. Employees will be immediately notified of any changes. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.