GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Performs difficult manual and technical work involving the maintenance and upkeep of the RSW facility and equipment; Does related work as required; Work is performed under the general supervision of the Facility Maintenance Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Participating in the maintenance and repair of the R W facility, equipment, building and grounds; preparing and maintaining appropriate records; advises on future needs and plans.
• Receives maintenance requests and responds to those request appropriately;
• Inspects areas and facilities for conformance to maintenance and safety standards;
• Assists maintenance staff with complex assignments;
• Ensures compliance with all facility Code Regulations;
• Provides logistical support for special events;
• Communicates with Supervisor on all important matters relative to maintenance activities;
• Assists in the design concept of any new construction at the RSW;
• Conducts routine function testing on facility;
• Maintains inventory of all tools and equipment in accordance to standards;
• Prepares and maintains records and reports on RSW motorized equipment;
• Conducts daily safety inspections on perimeter security doors, walls, windows and containment fencing;
• Performs as liaison with other department on related activities;
• Assists with the follow up on construction warranty issues;
• Assists with snow and ice removal;
• Work with Safety Officer to make sure facility is always in compliance with Local, State and Federal
• Participates in emergency drills and environmental safety activities, as requested;
• Notifies the Facility Maintenance Manager of re-stocking of cleaning supplies or equipment repair in
• Perfom1s related task as required;
• Perform all duties in accordance with RSW Policy and Procedures, Virginia Department of Corrections
standards, PREA standards and all regulations as directed;
• Perform all duties in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Laws;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITfES:
Must possess the basic skills needed to maintain a large residential facility; General knowledge in maintain HV AC, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic systems and mechanical doors; Knowledge of general building repair and maintenance; Ability to diagnose maintenance problems; Ability to prepare reports, work orders, establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, general public and contractors; Ability to maintain records; Ability to obtain and maintain any required ce1tifications; Ability to safely work in a high security environment required. Ability to comply with LEED certifications standards; Ability to maintain the RSW facility in compliance with Virginia Department of Corrections Standards. Ability to establish and maintain First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school; extensive experience in maintenance of commercial facilities; experience working with contractual services; preference given to experience maintain a Correctional Facility, electronic and mechanical security facilities; HV AC, plumbing, electrical or mechanical certifications preferred. This is a class description and not an individualized job specification. The class description defines the general character and cope of duties, responsibilities and requirements of all positions in on job classification, but is not all inclusive or
totally restrictive. Reasonably related duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary at the discretion of Management. Employees will be immediately notified of any changes. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perfonn the essential functions.
This medium to heavy work requiring the exertion of 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 to 50 pounds of force frequ ently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, wa lking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, use of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arm's len gth, operating of machines or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noi se, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
Possession of an appropriate driver's license va lid in the Commonwealth of Virginia. This is a class description and not an individualized job specification. The class description defines the general character and scope of duties, responsibil ities, and requirements of all pos itions in one job cl assification, but is not all inclusive or totally restrictive. Reasonably related duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary at the discretion of management. Employees will be immediately notified of any changes.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential.