|Return to Postings|
|2 Part Time Positions|
|Posted On:||Monday, 03 April 2017|
RSW Regional Jail
6601 Winchester Road, Front Royal, VA 22630
|Pay Rate:||$10 - $12 per hour DOE|
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
2 Part Time Medication Aides needed. Must be available to work 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Performs professional medication administration and non-emergency care to inmates. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Nursing Director, Licensed Practical Nurses and the licensed physician of the RSW Regional Jail
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Performing medical evaluations on inmates, which may include checking temperature, blood pressure, respiration, and pulse, Respond to medical emergencies provide emergency care, triage inmates and dispense medication.
• Prepares and organizes daily tasks; maintain Medication Administration Record;
• Maintains control of all medication and drugs on hand in accordance with policy and procedures;
• Administers medication to jail inmates: discusses inmate's condition with RN, LPN and Physician: sets-up, dispenses and charts medication;
• Assures that medical area is clean and properly stocked;
• Draws blood;
• Sets up prescriptions and refills in accordance with physician orders;
• Obtains medical records: enters medical data into computer; maintains medical records;
• Changes biohazard bags;
• Responds to emergencies;
• Performs all duties in accordance with RSW Policy and Procedures, Virginia Department of Corrections
Standards, PREA standards and all regulations as directed;
• Performs all duties in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Laws.
• Maintain necessary records and prepare required reports;
• Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams within and outside of the facility along with RSW Regional Jail staff and other facilities.
• Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the principles, standards, practices and techniques of medication administration; general knowledge of pharmacology; ability to draw blood; ability to administer medications; general knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures and polices pertaining to medical services of the detention facility; ability to accurately maintain patient medical records ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, associates and others contacted in the course of work. Ability to establish and maintain First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school; Graduation from a recognized accredited program for medication aide. Licensed as a Registered Medication Aide by the Virginia Board of Nursing.